Odormix SP media demonstrate a higher working capacity for broad spectrum oxidation of contaminants in actual field conditions, where multiple gas challenges are present. The Purafil SP Series has been specially engineered to contain more permanganate (the active ingredient) for increased removal capacity, allowing the media to remain more available for removal of target gases. Purafil’s Odormix™ SP (patent-pending) Media offers broad spectrum removal of odorous gases related to sewerage treatment operations.
Purafil’s Odormix™ SP Media shall consist of an equal mix (by volume) of Purafil’s Odoroxidant™ SP Media and Odorkol™ Media.
Odoroxidant™ SP Media shall be manufactured of generally spherical, porous pellets formed from a combination of powdered activated alumina and other binders, suitably impregnated with sodium permanganate to provide optimum adsorption, absorption and oxidation of a wide variety of gaseous contaminants
The sodium permanganate shall be applied during pellet formation, such that the impregnant is uniformly distributed throughout the pellet volume and is totally available for reaction. The Odorkol™ Media shall be a premium grade, activated carbon with a high surface area available for adsorption.
All Purafil media are submitted to quality control tests before shipping to ensure uniformity of the following attributes:
Odormix™ SP Media bulk density:
- Bulk Density:40 lbs/ft3 (0.64 g/cc) +5%
Odoroxidant™ SP Media shall have the following physical properties:
- Moisture Content: 35% Maximum
- Crush Strength: 35% - 70%
- Abrasion: 4.5% Maximum
- Bulk Density: 50 lbs/ft3 (0.8 g/cc) +5%
- Nominal Pellet Diameter: 1/8” (3.175mm)
- Sodium Permanganate Content: 12% Min.
Odorkol™ Media shall have the following physical properties:
- Moisture Content: 2%
- CTC: 60%
- Base Material: Activated Carbon
- Bulk Density: 30 lbs/ft3 (0.48 g/cc) +5%
- Nominal Pellet Diameter: 4mm
Purafil’s Odormix™ SP Media is designed for broad spectrum removal of odorous gases, including mercaptans, hydrocarbons, hydrogen sulfide and sulfur dioxide. Odormix™ SP Media is recommended when space within Purafil’s multi-stage scrubber is limited; in this application, Odormix™ SP substitutes for two media passes. Odormix™ SP is also recommended as a polishing media. Odormix™ SP Media shall perform effectively under the following conditions and guidelines:
- Temperature: -4° F to 125° F (-20° C to 51° C)
- Humidity: 10 - 95% RH
- Airflow: Odormix™ SP Media shall be effective in Purafil systems, including the Drum Scrubber with airflows from 100 to 1,000 CFM (170 to 1699 m3/hr), Tub Scrubber with airflows from 500 to 6,000 CFM (850 to 10,194 m3/hr) and Deep Bed Scrubber with airflows from 600 to 8,000 CFM (1,020 to 13,592 m3/hr). Odormix™ SP Media shall also be effective in Vessel Scrubbers with airflows from 8,000 to 20,000 cfm (13,592 to 33,980 m3/hr) and in passive Mole Manhole Scrubbers.
Purafil’s Odormix™ SP Media Advantages
- Landfill Disposable
- UL Classified
- Media are Factory Mixed
- Use in Place of a Two-pass Media System
- Media is Non-toxic
- Media life analysis projects remaining media life for proper maintenance and optimum media performance.
Installation & Disposal Requirements
- Installation: Installers shall use dust masks, safety goggles, and rubber gloves.
- Disposal: Spent Purafil Media should be disposed of according to local, state and federal guidelines.