Odorkol media is a component of Purafil’s multi-stage scrubbers for odor control applications. Odorkol™ ensures the complete removal of hydrocarbons, allowing the remaining media stages to be fully available for reaction with hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide and other sewerage gases.
Odorkol™ media demonstrates a high removal capacity for sewerage gases, including hydrocarbons, mercaptans, as well as chlorine and nitrogen dioxide.The activated carbon media shall consist of virgin grade, activated, non-impregnated carbon.
Odorkol™ media shall meet the following removal capacity:
- Chlorine: 10.0% minimum by weight
- Nitrogen Dioxide: 6.6% minimum by weight
- Toluene: 33.0% minimum by weight
- Trichloroethane: 20.0% minimum by weight
- SULFUR DIOXIDE: 3.5% minimum by weight
For example, 100 pounds (45.36 kg) of Odorkol™ Media will remove a minimum of 10 pounds (4.53 kg) of chlorine gas.
The Adsorptive Process
Odorkol™ Media shall remove contaminant gases by means of adsorption. Gases shall adhere to the surface of the media pellet during the adsorptive process.
Odorkol Media shall have the following physical properties:
- Moisture Content: 2.0%
- Hardness Number: 95 minimum
- Apparent Density/Bulk Dense Pack: 30 lbs/ft3 (0.48 g/cc) +5%
- Ash: >12%
- CTC: 60% minimum
- Nominal Pellet Diameter: 4 mm
Odorkol™ Media shall perform effectively under the following conditions and guidelines:
- Temperature: -4° F to 125° F (-20° C to 51° C)
- Humidity: 10 - 95% RH
- Airflow: Odorkol™ Media shall be effective in Purafil systems, including the Drum Scrubber with airflows from 100 to 1,000 CFM (170 to 1,699 m3/hr), Tub Scrubber with airflows from 500 to 6,000 CFM (850 to 10,194 m3/hr) and Deep Bed Scrubber with airflows from 600 to 8,000 CFM (1,020 to 13,592 m3/hr). Odorkol™ Media shall also be effective in Vessel Scrubbers with airflows from 8,000 to 20,000 cfm (13,592 to 33,980 m3/hr).
- Easily incinerated for use as a fuel additive*
*If permitted by local, state, and federal governments.
- Nitrogen dioxide
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
Installation & Disposal Requirements
- Installation: Installers shall use dust masks, safety goggles, and rubber gloves.
- Disposal: Spent Media should be disposed of according to local, state and federal guidelines.