ESD Emergency Gas Scrubber
Water Wastewater Toxic Gas Scrubbers for 150 pounds, 1-ton, 2-ton, 3-tons or More. Custom designs available per request - contact us today!
The Purafil ESD Emergency Gas Scrubber (EGS) prevents toxic chlorine (Cl2), sulfur dioxide (SO2) or ammonia (NH3) gas releases due to a failure in the storage cylinder or system by providing immediate on-line removal of leaking gas from a room or building.
The EGS is designed to achieve the following:
• Protect personnel and neighbors from exposure to toxic gas.
• Mitigate the entire contents of a fully loaded cylinder in a worst-case release scenario.
• Reduce toxic gas concentrations to less than 25 parts per billion at discharge.
• Exceed the requirements of the Uniform Fire Code and the US EPA Clean Air Act.
Why choose a Purafil ESD Emergency Gas Scrubber?
• Performance: The EGS has undergone challenge testing of full-scale bed depth.
• High Efficiency: The EGS is 99.99999% efficient at removing toxic gas.
• Ease of Use: Systems require no maintenance, other than routine blower checks and sampling of media.
• Safety: New and expired media is UL Classified, safe to handle and landfill disposable.
Dry Scrubbers Versus Wet Scrubbers
Dry scrubbers have several advantages over conventional wet scrubbers. For instance, dry scrubbers require significantly less maintenance than wet scrubbers. They have just one moving part—a blower. No need to hassle with pumps, spray nozzles, or pH controls!
Dry scrubbers are much safer, too. Instead of using toxic liquid caustic, they neutralize gases with non-toxic dry-scrubbing pellets. These pellets are called media, and they permanently transform gases into harmless solids.
Unlike liquid caustic, dry-scrubbing media are immediately available for instantaneous reaction, regardless of the load rate. With wet scrubbers, you have to measure the amount of gas fed into the scrubber.
Dry scrubbers discharge less than 25 parts per billion, while wet scrubbers discharge 1-5 parts per million.
Click here to go to our video page and see how easy it is to transform your caustic wet scrubber into a hazard-free dry scrubber!
Purafil Manufacturers Two Designs of the ESD EGS:
• Aluminum, multi-stage scrubber with horizontal airflow
• Fiberglass vessel with vertical airflow
Aluminum Standard Features:
• Four passes of media
• Draw through system with external motor and blower
• Outlet exhaust stack with bird screen and rain hood
• Flex connector at inlet
• NEMA 4X control panel
• Clean out ports for media
• Sampling ports on side of media bed
• 19,220 lbs Chlorosorb™ Ultra media (for a 1-ton system)
Fiberglass Standard Features:
• 3.5' Diameter for 150 lb, 8' Diameter for 1-ton, 10' diameter for 2-ton and 12' diameter for 3-ton
• Flex connection at inlet
• Outlet exhaust stack
• Fiberglass ladder and grating
• NEMA 4X control panel
• External FRP blower and motor
• 30" Manways
• Clean out port for media
• Sampling ports on side and top
• 18,000 lbs Chlorosorb™ Ultra media (for a 1-ton system)
• Redundant blower system
• Chlorine sensor on outlet exhaust stack
• Flow switches
• Vacuum ports
• Safety bed (Aluminum Only)
Toxic Gas Scrubbers require professional expertise. Purafil has over 200 installations and is the market leader in dry-media toxic gas scrubbing.
Contact Purafil today and have one of our engineers assist you with the design of your system.