Facilities storing hazardous quantities of chlorine (Cl2), sulfur dioxide (SO2) or ammonia (NH3) must invest in emergency standby equipment to prevent accidental chemical releases.
Purafil’s dry-chemical Emergency Gas Scrubber (EGS) is designed to remove the entire contents of a fully loaded Cl2/SO2/NH3 cylinder in a worst-case release scenario. The EGS works with cylinders storing 150 pounds, 1 ton, 2 tons or 3 tons or more of Cl2/SO2/NH3 and discharges less than 25 parts per billion. With over 200 toxic gas scrubber installations world-wide, you can trust Purafil to protect your environment.
Purafil manufactures two designs of the EGS:
1. Aluminum, multi-stage scrubber with horizontal airflow
2. Fiberglass vessel with vertical airflow
How Toxic Gas Scrubbers Work:
Chlorine (Cl2), sulfur dioxide (SO2) or ammonia (NH3) is detected inside the room by an air monitoring sensor. The sensor activates a NEMA 4X Control Panel which in turn activates a blower. The blower will completely remove the contents of the largest cylinder within 30 minutes and exhaust hazard-free air into the atmosphere.
Click here to read about Dry Emergency Gas Scrubbers and Compliance with the Uniform Fire Code.
The EGS is designed to achieve the following:
• Protect personnel and neighbors from exposure to toxic gas.
• Mitigate the entire contents of a fully loaded cylinder in a worst-case release scenario.
• Reduce toxic gas concentrations to less than 25 parts per billion at discharge.
• Exceed the requirements of the Uniform Fire Code and the US EPA Clean Air Act.
Why choose a Purafil Emergency Gas Scrubber?
• Performance: The EGS has undergone challenge testing of full-scale bed depth.
• High Efficiency: The EGS is 99.99999% efficient at removing toxic gas.
• Ease of Use: Systems require no maintenance, other than routine blower checks and media sampling.
• Safety: New and expired media is UL Classified, safe to handle and landfill disposable.
Purafil is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Single-Source Manufacturer of Media, Modules, Equipment and Instrumentation. Ask for only genuine Purafil factory products! Do not be confused by companies that strictly buy and resell other products that sacrifice quality and performance. Contact your local Purafil Representative today to order Genuine Purafil Products!