The Purafil Difference
For over 40 years Purafil has led the air purification industry by manufacturing gas-phase filtration media, systems and instrumentation. As a part of Purafil's commitment to quality through our ISO 9001:2008 Certification, we can provide equipment, products, services and quality records, which are impossible for most competitors. Ask for ONLY Purafil Genuine Factory Products! Do not be confused by companies that strictly buy and resell other products that sacrifice quality and performance.
The following is a list of specifications that set Purafil apart from other manufacturers in the industry.
- 40 Years Experience in the Design and Manufacture of Gas Phase Products
- Single Source Manufacturer of Equipment, Media, Instrumentation, and Testing Services
- Over 2,000 Local, Factory Trained Sales Representatives Across the Globe
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified Manufacturer
- In-House Laboratory/Research and Development Center
- Comprehensive In-House Support Including Media Life Analysis, Analysis of Environmental Reactivity Coupons, Real-time Environmental Monitors, Environmental Classification based on Standard ISA - 71.04, and Personal Technical Support
- OnGuard Environmental Monitors Utilizing Quartz Crystal Microbalance Technology
- RoHS Compliant Instrumentation
- Media Chemical Transforms Gases into Harmless Solids Through an Irreversible Process, Known as Chemisorption
- Non-toxic, Non-hazardous, UL Classified, Landfill Disposable and Life Testable Pelletized Media
- 8% Potassium Permanganate Media Content
- 12% Sodium Permanganate Content
- MediaPIK Software for Determining the Appropriate Media Needed for Your Application
- Posi-Track and Taper-Fit Closure for PK-18 Modules
- Posi-Track for PK-12 Modules
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is a global organization that develops standards to ensure Quality Management System (QMS). ISO 9001:2008 provides a tried and tested framework and systematic approach to managing an organization's processes so a consistent product is produced. Below are the requirements of an ISO certified organization:
- Monitoring the Effectiveness of Processes
- Documentation of Quality Work Procedures, Processes and Forms
- Monitoring Product and/or Services for any Potential Defects
- Regular Review of Individual Processes and Quality System for Effectiveness
- Facilitating Continual Improvement
- Annual or Semi-Annual ISO Audits to Ensure Quality Management Systems
Purafil's Quality Policy
As a leader in Air Purification, we are committed to the satisfaction of our customers through the quality of our work, and the continuous improvement in People, Products and Systems.
Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL) is the trusted source across the globe for product compliance and safety. The product certification programs are accredited by the U.S. Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and the Standards Council of Canada (SCC). Purafil has amassed a large number of certifications for our pelletized media and filters. To view the UL site listing, click here.
The European Union (EU) directive 2002/95/EC "on the Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances (RoHS) in electrical and electronic equipment" was implemented in July 2006. This directive applies to electrical and electronic equipment designed for use with a voltage rating not exceeding 1,000 volts for alternating current and 1,500 volts for direct current. The requirements of this directive are applicable to the member states of the European Union. The purpose of the directive is to restrict the use of hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment and to contribute to the protection of human health and the environmentally sound recovery and disposal of waste electrical and electronic equipment. The EU's RoHS Directive restricts the use of six substances in electrical and electronic equipment: mercury (Hg), lead (Pb), hexavalent chromium (Cr(VI)), cadmium (Cd), polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE).